Global Kids Program FAQ – School Year Program
How do I enroll my child(ren) in the Global Kids Program?
Enrollment for Global Kids will be done through Campsite.
Enrollment Week occurs twice a year, before the start of each Global Kids semester. During Enrollment Week, families will be able to log in to the Global Kids website and make their class and time block selections for each day of the week for the upcoming semester. Enrollment Week will be announced through The Owl, according to the dates published on our calendar.
Families will receive an email with their final schedule after their enrollment selections have been approved. Payments can be made online using the Global Kids enrollment website by the end of the semester. If payment is not made in full at the time of enrollment, payments will be due monthly until the end of the semester.
For more information, please see our Enrollment page.
How do I enroll my child(ren) in Coordinated 3rd Party Classes?
3rd Party Classes are listed on Campsite and are part of the same enrollment process. Some 3rd Party Class providers may have additional enrollment instructions. Read the course description for more info.
How do I enroll my child(ren) in Independent 3rd Party Classes?
Some 3rd Party Class providers have independent times and schedules that do not align with Global Kids program. Global Kids has included contact info for these 3rd Party providers as a courtesy to families. You may contact those providers directly to find out more info about their programs and to enroll.
How do I enroll my children in Alternative Days?
Families may enroll in Alternative Days (no school, half day or Break week) online in Campsite until two business days before the Alternative Day or start of an Alternative Break Week. If you would like to request enrollment after that time, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request enrollment.
Enrollment in Alternative Days will be unlimited up until four weeks prior to the scheduled Alternative Day. After that, enrollment will be limited accordingly to space availability.
How do I add an activity after Enrollment Week closes?
Is there preference based enrollment?
Enrollment is first-come, first-served. Students are accepted based upon the date that they enroll.
Are there drop-in activities?
Drop-in service is available for those who need care on an occasional basis (i.e. not every week) or in the event that a child is not picked up after school is dismissed (after 3:45pm on a regular day). Families can request drop-in coverage up to two weeks in advance (space permitting).
To request drop-in participation, please email email@example.com and include your student’s name, grade, teacher, time blocks requesting, and desired dates of service. We will respond within 2 business days of your request.
For any drop in requests coming in less than 24 hours of the desired drop in date, please email first and then call the Global Kids Program Coordinator at 503-226-2496 x226. Please note that the Coordinator will be checking and responding to Drop-in requests daily after 12:30pm on regular school days. If you have a last minute request we will reply as soon as we are able.
- NEW! Block 1 Cost: $33.00
- NEW! Block 2 Cost: $12.00
Can I plan drop-in services ahead of time?
Global Kids offers single day drop-in participation for families up to two weeks in advance (space permitting). Please see how to request drop-in participation, above.
What if my child is not picked up after school by 3:45pm?
In the event that your child is not picked up after school is dismissed (after 3:45pm on a regular day), your child will be signed-in to the Global Kids program and you will be billed according to our Drop-In Fees.
Please note that the first time your child utilizes the Global Kids program each school year, your family will be charged the registration fee of $35 per child.
Are there registration fees?
A $35 per student non-refundable registration fee is due annually when you make your first enrollment in a Global Kids activity or utilize the drop-in service for the first time.
Can I transfer classes?
Class transfers within Global Kids classes may be made before and during the first week of each term only, if space is available. To make a transfer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you offer cancellations and refunds?
For Regular Schedule Enrollment:
- A refund of block fees, excluding the non-refundable deposit, will be issued for withdrawals made during the first week of each semester.
- The registration fee and the deposit made at booking are both non-refundable.
For Alternative Schedule Enrollment:
- All Alternative Days have a non-refundable deposit that is due at the time of booking.
- A refund of the block fees, excluding the non-refundable deposit, will be issued for cancellations requested in writing to email@example.com at least 10 business days prior to the alternative schedule day.
- Last minute changes present a challenge to our program that can affect staffing, supply ordering and registration processing. Therefore, any withdrawal from an Alternative Schedule day made less than 10 business days prior to the alternative schedule day will not receive a refund.
What deposits are required?
A deposit is required at the time of enrollment for each Global Kids activity selected. Deposits are applied to the cost of the activities. Deposits are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
- $100 deposit for Block 1
- $20 deposit for Block 2
- $15 deposit for each Alternative Day enrollment
What are the fees and payment process?
Invoices will be sent to all enrolled families via email after their child’s enrollment is complete. Invoices will cover fees owed for all Global Kids programming, including Regular Schedule days and Alternative Schedule days. You may log in to your Campsite account at any time to see your current balance or to submit a payment.
Please note: Payment to 3rd Party Class Providers will not be managed through Campsite. Please contact the individual 3rd Party Class Provider to arrange payment.
Payments may be made in full or through monthly payments.
Payments must be paid in full before a family can enroll in the next semester.
Are discounts offered?
Global Kids offers families two types of discounts.
- For multiple children: Global Kids offers a 5% discount on the total block fees for families with more than one student enrolling
- NEW: The 5% sibling discount will be applied to every student within a family who enrolls more than one child in Global Kids.
- For Full time Enrollment: Students who enroll in Block 1 and 2 all five days for the entire term are eligible for a 10% discount on their total Block 1 and 2 fees. There is no “full time” discount for alternative days.