Arrival and Dismissal for Global Kids
- Students will go directly from school to Global Kids after school
- Dismissal from Global Kids is from 5:15-5:30pm. If you come early, please proceed to the pickup area and ring the doorbell for service or call the Manager’s cell phone 503-380-2322
- All students must be signed out by an authorized adult using SchoolPass on your mobile device (ISP’s drop-off and dismissal system). Parents will do this with their cell phone. Make sure your student’s account is up to date with all authorized adults.
- After signing your child out on your mobile device, please wait at the designated pick-up location and a staff member will walk your child to you.
- If for some reason the person coming to pick up is not able to sign out using SchoolPass on their mobile device, they will be required to provide a valid photo ID.
Students must be picked up by 5:30pm or a late pick-up fee will be charged. The late pick-up fee is $2 per minute late, rounded up to the nearest five minutes. Please call Global Kids immediately at 503-380-2322 if you are running late to let us know your ETA. It is essential that parents pick up on time in order to maintain student cohorts.
Please notify us by 2:30pm if your child will be absent from Global Kids from within your SchoolPass account.
A choice of healthy snacks will be provided during Global Kids. Please ensure that your food allergy information is up to date in the Parent Portal.
Please send your child with a refillable water bottle so that they can have access to water throughout the day, especially on hot days.
Student Information and Medications
Please ensure that student info is up to date in the Parent Portal and that medications are provided to the Health and Safety Coordinator so that Global Kids can provide support for students as needed.
the International School of Portland of Portland Universal Expectations
Children are expected to adhere to the same expectations during Global Kids as they do during the school day program. Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Fluent. Please refer to the Parent Handbook regarding the Universal Expectations and Behavioral and Academic Support. If a student exhibits severe or persistent behaviors that do not adhere to the International School of Portland Universal Expectations, Global Kids staff may contact their family, send a child home early, or ask a child to take time off from the program, at the discretion of the Global Kids Program Manager and Group Leader.