Language Immersion Summer Camp
At camp, children will enjoy a world of fun while learning Mandarin, Spanish, or Japanese. International language and culture will come to life through hands-on projects, stories, songs, games and outdoor fun with our teachers from around the world.
Whether learning a new language or already fluent, campers will love our summer traditions of field days, field trips, cultural performances, ice cream parties, and more!
Summer 2020 registration opens on January 31, 2020.
2019 Camp Hours
- Drop-off: 7:45am-8:15am, free! No advance sign-up needed
- Camp Day: 8:15am-3:30pm (8:15am-12:00pm for half day)
- New! Global Kids Extended-day Program*: 3:30-6:00pm, Additional sign-up required
*We now offer an in-house extended-day program! Global Kids is open every day after camp and includes a variety of enrichment activities, outdoor free play, and healthy snacks.
- Small groups with teachers from around the world
- Fun outdoor and indoor activities aimed at building language skills (songs, folktales, crafts, games, sports, and more)
- Cultural performances
- Ice-cream social
- Special classes with trained specialists- yoga, sports & games, music & movement
- Exciting field days (water balloon toss, relay races, and more)
- Fun, cultural music and movement classes for all campers! We will offer different opportunities each session – such as Taiko, Capoeira, or African drumming!
- Field trips!
We’re so proud of our summer camp staff! All of our teachers and staff members are dedicated to providing a fun, safe, and welcoming camp environment for your child.
Our camp teachers come from all over the world and have native-level fluency of the languages they teach. Most are also teachers at The International School during the school year or have taught with our camp programs in the past. They have a wealth of experience working with young language learners.
Our summer administrative team is here to answer questions and facilitate a smooth camp experience. Let us know how we can help!
We are all trained in CPR and first aid. The International School also has a dedicated Health and Safety Coordinator on campus during camp hours to help ensure the health and safety of our campers.
Behavior and Safety
The International School strives to provide a fun and safe environment for all our campers. We expect all campers and their parents/guardians to behave in a manner that is safe, appropriate, and friendly. If a camper behaves in a way that the staff believes to be unsafe, inappropriate or unfriendly, we will address the situation by speaking with the child and, if needed, the parents. The International School reserves the right to expel or temporarily exclude a camper for repeated or extreme misbehavior. In the event of expulsion or exclusion, no refund will be issued.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com and check out our Summer Camp FAQ