About International School of Portland
For over 30 years, International School of Portland has provided a warm, multicultural environment where children are fully immersed in Spanish, Japanese, or Mandarin from preschool through 5th grade. Its small classes and inquiry-based, International Baccalaureate curriculum enable children to acquire language and culture as they learn to pursue knowledge beyond the classroom and throughout life.
- International School of Portland was the first International Baccalaureate elementary school in the Pacific Northwest.
- We are one of only two schools in the United States – and perhaps the world – offering full immersion in three separate language tracks under one roof.
- It was founded in 1990 and today educates over 400 students from age 3 through 5th grade.
We encourage you to visit us to learn more!
- Learn more about our Early Childhood program (Prek and Kinder)
- Learn more about our elementary program (1st-5th)
Centrally Located Campus, Close-Knit Community
Located just south of downtown Portland on the edge of the South Waterfront District, our campus is easily accessible from both sides of the river. Our urban environment enables us to take full advantage of city life while also enjoying our close-knit campus and outdoor playground areas. We are easily able to take field trips to enhance our learning to such places as the Oregon Ballet, Portland Japanese Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, Portland Art Museum, and more.