About International School of Portland
Now, more than ever, we need to teach our children, tomorrow’s global leaders, how to approach challenging issues with empathy and compassion. Welcome to International School of Portland. For over thirty years, we’ve offered full language and cultural immersion in a warm, loving environment that encourages curiosity and kindness.
- International School of Portland was the first International Baccalaureate elementary school in the Pacific Northwest.
- We are one of only two schools in the United States – and perhaps the world – offering full immersion in three separate language tracks under one roof.
- It was founded in 1990 and today educates over 400 students from age 3 through 5th grade.
- We’re also home to the The Deloris A. Spear Center for Excellence in Teaching (“The Spear Center”), which aims to serve as the hub for educational innovation and professional learning in the Pacific Northwest.
We nurture children’s natural love of learning by inspiring them to ask questions, pursue the concepts that interest them, and to share their knowledge with others. Our teachers are master facilitators, guiding students through their educational journeys while also ensuring that our academic standards are met.
Because of our multi-language and cultural environment, our campus is a global microcosm, helping to shape children who are open-minded, empathetic, kind, patient and tolerant——traits that encourage them take responsible action within and beyond our school community.
We encourage you to visit us to learn more!
- Learn more about our Early Childhood program (Prek and Kinder)
- Learn more about our Elementary program (1st-5th)
Centrally Located Campus, Close-Knit Community
Located just south of downtown Portland on the edge of the South Waterfront District, our campus is easily accessible from both sides of the river. Our urban environment enables us to take full advantage of city life while also enjoying our close-knit campus and outdoor playground areas. We are easily able to take field trips to enhance our learning to such places as the Oregon Ballet, Portland Japanese Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, Portland Art Museum, and more.