Values, Mission & Vision
the International School of Portland of Portland inspires children to become global citizens through an inquiry-based learning environment of total immersion in multiple languages and cultures.
CORE VALUES & GUIDING PRINCIPLES
At the International School of Portland we value:
- We belong to a world community and embrace its diversity.
- We are honest, respectful and take responsible action.
Language and Cultural Fluency
- We believe language immersion promotes cultural intelligence and curiosity.
Academic Excellence through Inquiry
- We think critically, challenge our own perspectives, and encourage collaboration.
- We confidently express our ideas and seek to understand those of others.
The Attributes of the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile
the International School of Portland of Portland is a renowned center of excellence in multicultural education:
- Our Program engages students in a holistic, challenging academic curriculum taught through total language immersion.
- Our inquiry-based approach nurtures curiosity, language fluency, and cultural intelligence.
- Our passionate, multicultural faculty and staff are dedicated to the needs of all students.
- Our vibrant and inclusive community is engaged and supportive.
- Our children take responsible action within and beyond our school community.
- Our graduates thrive in a diverse global environment.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for safeguarding the mission, values and vision of the school. Click here to learn about the ISP board.