Volunteer at ISP
Parents, grandparents, graduates and friends of ISP are all invited to volunteer.
Parent volunteers enrich the ISP experience for children, families and staff in so many ways. They contribute as field trip chaperones, guest speakers, organizers, and cheer leaders, and support school values at home and throughout their children’s lives.
ALUMNI & NON-PARENT VOLUNTEERS
If you would like to volunteer, and if you do not have a child currently enrolled at the school, please read about our Volunteer Program here.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
There are many wonderful, diverse ways to help the school. Descriptions of our current volunteer opportunities are listed via our online volunteer application form. Opportunities will also be listed in the weekly The Owl parent bulletin.
- Sign up to volunteer: Our volunteer system makes it easy to sign up and to track your hours. We encourage all families to create a profile through our application form.
- Complete a background check form and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- All field trip chaperones and on campus volunteers must complete an Oregon Department of Education Background Check form.This form requires a signature. You may fill out the form on-line, but then you need to print it and sign or use a verified digital signature). (Note: The Department of Education will only accept applications submitted by the school, you do not need to submit a cover letter or the $5 payment as indicated on the application form, ISP will manage that part).
- Please take a clear photo of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
- Please bring them both to any front desk, or upload them via our File Upload form.
- If you currently have an Oregon Office of Child Care (OCC) (formerly CCD) background check on file you may use this to meet requirements until it expires. To avoid gaps, please apply for your new Department of Education background check no later than one month prior to your background check expiration date.
- Want to Room Parent? Find out more info here!
You should then be approved and contacted about volunteering!
Thank you for volunteering with the International School of Portland. We appreciate your commitment to helping our global citizens! Your time and talents help tremendously by keeping our campus safe and engaging for our students, improving our classrooms, and growing our community.