For up to date closure information, please see FlashAlert.net, KATU news and check your e-mail for a note from the school. We will make every effort to announce closures by 6am. If you don’t see any news, we are operating as usual.
Please know that safety is our chief concern. If your neighborhood is covered in ice and snow, come to school if and when it is safe. Even if there is a delay listed on TV, we will make every effort to open the school to accommodate children from areas not affected by adverse weather conditions.
Closures during the school day
In the event it becomes necessary to close the school after students have arrived, or if students must be evacuated from the school because of earthquake, fire or bomb threat, parents will be notified by staff on the telephone, and when possible via email.
If students must leave the building, they will be moved to the Boy Scouts of America Cascade Council Building, 2145 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201, (503) 243-5022, across Naito Parkway from the TIS Hilltop Building. If the Boy Scouts Building is not viable, students will be kept in the field north of the campus. If weather is inclement, the administration will seek the nearest viable shelter and notify parents.
If telecommunications are down, our location will be indicated on the TIS sign on Naito Parkway. A school representative will also be on duty at the sign to direct parents to their students. Parents may also check with patrolling police cars who can call in to get a check on us. We will no doubt have notified police of our status, by traveling to Portland Police Bureau on foot if necessary.