Global Kids Extended-day Summer Program 2019
Enrollment Opens May 6!
Summer Fun Week 1: June 17-21
Summer Fun Week 2: August 5-9
Extended-day After TIS Summer Camp: June 24- August 2
IMPORTANT: You need to create an account in UltraCamp in order to be able to enroll your child(ren) in Global Kids Summer Programs. If you have already registered for TIS Summer Camp, you can use the same account.
About Global Kids Summer Programs:
Global Kids Extended-day Summer Program is a certified childcare center that serves PreK through 5th grade students who attend The International School. On camp days, we also offer services to all children enrolled in TIS Summer Camp. Extended-day Programming is offered daily after Summer Camp and on full days of Summer Fun Weeks when camp and school are not in session. Students from all language programs are grouped together by mixed grade level and follow a similar rhythm to the school year program with snacks, lunch, and rest times. Global Kids Group Leaders lead the children through Inquiry Time (based on the International Baccalaureate model) daily. Enrichment classes are offered by Global Kids staff as well. Enrichment classes depend on staff expertise and may include: Garden & Nutrition, Dance, Gymnastics, Yoga, Art, Science, Lego Adventures, Beading, and more! All Global Kids staff are registered through the Oregon Office of Childcare and complete ongoing professional development as stipulated by the state license requirements.
Global Kids Summer Program Schedule
|Dates:||Global Kids Hours:|
|June 14 No School – Global Kids Closed||CLOSED|
|June 17- June 21 Global Kids Summer Fun Week 1||Open 7:45am-5:30pm|
|June 24- July 5 – Session 1 After Camp||Open 3:30-6:00pm|
|July 8-19 – Session 2 After Camp||Open 3:30-6:00pm|
|July 22- August 2 – Session 3 After Camp||Open 3:30-6:00pm|
|August 5-9 Global Kids Summer Fun Week 2||Open 7:45am-5:30pm|
|August 12-16 Global Kids Closed||CLOSED|
|August 19-23 Inquiry Week – Global Kids Closed||CLOSED|
|August 26 Teacher Work Day – Class visits and Fall Fun Fair||CLOSED|
|August 27 Fall Term Global Kids Begins/1st Day of School||Open Regular Schedule 3:30-6:00pm|
Looking for Summer Camp?
Try our award-winning Language Immersion Summer Camp! At camp, children will enjoy a world of fun while learning Chinese, Spanish or Japanese. International language and culture will come to life through hands-on projects, stories, songs, games and outdoor fun with our teachers from around the world. Your child does not need to be a current TIS student in order to participate! Click here for more information about TIS Language Immersion Summer Camp.
School Year Program Information:
Global Kids Extended-Day Program
Welcome to Global Kids, the Extended-Day Program of The International School! It offers a variety of fun enrichment classes, homework center, healthy snacks, and outdoor free play, available on a flexible schedule that meets the needs of busy parents. All Global Kids activities are facilitated by caring, dedicated staff with expertise in the subject area of the classes they teach such as music, dance, garden, art, and math. Global Kids is available after school on Mondays through Fridays until 6pm, and offers partial or full days on most no-school days.
3rd-party Classes are also available. You can sign up for 3rd-party class and then have your child brought to Global Kids for the remainder of the time that you need, without being double-charged. Customize your child’s Global Kids experience based upon their interests – and your schedule! The class offerings for each trimester will be available to view during Enrollment Week.
Important Information for ALL TIS Families
- Late pick up from School- In the event that your child is not picked up after school is dismissed (after 3:45pm on a regular day), your child will be signed-in to the Global Kids program and you will be billed at an hourly drop-in rate, with a one-hour minimum charge. Please note that the first time your child utilizes the Global Kids program each school year, your family will be charged a registration fee for each child.
- Enrollment will open for one week prior to each trimester, during which families can select their top three class preferences for each day of the week per student, including 3rd Party Class options. After Enrollment Week closes, students will be placed in their classes based on preference and demand, and families will be e-mailed their class assignments for the trimester, along with an invoice for the Global Kids classes. 3rd Party Classes will manage their billing independently.
- Sign-up for Global Kids on no-school days, early release days, and school conference days will also be open during Enrollment Week. These special program days are contingent upon meeting a minimum enrollment during each trimester.
- For more information, please click here.
- Global Kids Extended-Day Programming will be offered for two time blocks per day: 3:10-4:40pm and 4:40-6pm.
- Parents will be able to select classes for each student by each day of the week and by time block.
- All of the on-site Enrichment Classes, including 3rd party Classes, will be offered during the first time block from 3:10-4:40pm.
- Homework Center for Elementary students will be available each day of the week during the 2nd time block, which runs from 4:40-6:00pm.
- For more information, please review to the Program Schedule section
- Drop-in options for last minute sign-ups will also be available for a slightly higher cost, when space is available.