Alumni students are always coming back to campus! Our students, teachers and staff find great value in alumni students joining them in a variety of volunteer positions.
Our Alumni volunteer program is now expanded to provide multiple opportunities that help create a meaningful and rewarding volunteer experience!
Contact Lisa Olivares, LisaO@intlschool.org or 503-226-2496 x116 for questions.
Join a classroom to assist with lessons!
- Please note some new logistical information:
- At least 48 hours advanced notice REQUIRED; our classrooms are open to volunteers for half-days only on pre-set dates (see calendar below for upcoming available days).
- Two available time slots (all-day no longer available due to scheduling difficulties and safety): 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.
- Not all classrooms/teachers can accept volunteers; we can not guarantee specific placement requests.
- Upcoming 2019 Alumni Volunteer classroom days:
- Monday, October 21 – Thursday, October 24
- Friday, November 1
- Thursday and Friday, November 7 and 8
- Monday, November 11
- Friday, November 15
- There are no available volunteer days in December due to the shortened holiday month.
Open House Assistants
Share your TIS experience: answer questions and assist with tours during Open Houses for prospective parents.
Panel Discussion for Current Families (High school and older alumni)
Be part of a discussion with current TIS parents about how TIS shaped your future.
Campus Tour Guide Assistants
Join an admissions staff member to show prospective families around campus!
It takes a lot of hands to produce the annual TIS events – come help us out!
Provide camp assistance for students and instructors in your track language!
Special Projects/Other Opportunities
Do you have a special project or volunteer opportunity in mind? Don’t hesitate to contact Lisa at LisaO@intlschool.org to discuss additional opportunities!