Continuing Language Experience Program
for ISP Alumni
Bienvenidos • 欢迎 • ようこそ
Continuing Language Experience classes provide a structured opportunity to read, write, converse and interact in your track language in a fun, social setting. The enriching, weekly classes are taught by qualified teachers with native-level fluency, and topics range from current events to grammar to book discussion—and more!
As alumni, you can join us whether you’ve continued with a middle school immersion program or not. These classes are a great opportunity to stay connected with your ISP family of friends and teachers!
ISP Alumni Mandarin classes are built to naturally move from frequently used conversational phrases in context, to more complex components of the Mandarin language. Students continue to learn Mandarin through speaking, reading, and writing to improve and accelerate their Mandarin language skills. They learn traditions of culture, cultural context of customs, idioms and classical stories and songs.
In the Japanese class, students will learn by speaking, writing, and reading from focusing on current events, history, people and culture. Learn through fun quizzes, games, conversations, and by watching videos and animation!
Class is focuses on oral, writing, reading, vocabulary, and grammar. Students read short novelas, watch educational videos as a backdrop to explore cultures around the world in Spanish and more!
- This class is for ISP alumni who are enrolled in 6th-8th grades in the 2023-24 school year. Non-graduate alumni who were enrolled for at least one full academic year and can demonstrate at least a 5th grade level fluency may be eligible if there is registration space; please contact Emi Kitawaki at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Classes are at Learners’ Hall on the ISP campus.
- Students agree to not using additional smartphones and other devices during class time unless explicitly allowed by the instructor. Failure to adhere to the expectations may result in dismissal from the class without full tuition reimbursement.
- Continuing Language Experience classes do not teach directly to language fluency tests or competitions. This class is not transferable for any middle or high school class credits.
- There are NO refunds for cancellations after date of payment due. Late enrollments are only permitted within the first week of the start of the session. Please contact Emi Kitawaki for more information at email@example.com.