Continuing Language Experience Program
for ISP Alumni
Bienvenidos • 欢迎 • ようこそ
Continuing Language Experience classes provide a structured opportunity to read, write, converse and interact in your track language in a fun, social setting. The enriching, weekly classes are taught by qualified teachers with native-level fluency, and topics range from current events to grammar to book discussion—and more!
As alumni, you can join us whether you’ve continued with a middle school immersion program or not. These classes are a great opportunity to stay connected with your ISP family of friends and teachers!
From Jennifer Laoshi:
ISP Alumni Chinese classes are built to naturally move from frequently used conversational phrases in context, to more complex components of the Chinese language. Students continue to learn Chinese through speaking, reading, and writing to improve and accelerate their Chinese language skills. They learn traditions of culture, cultural context of customs, idioms and classical stories and songs. We also do fun activities by using different learning tools such as LevelChinese.
From Keiko Sensei:
In my Japanese class, we study Japanese history with reading materials. Students learn about main events, people and culture briefly by watching videos and animation as well. They make slides based on what they learned. We also play quizzes and games to start the class!
From Maestra Constanza:
Class is divided into 6 parts focusing on oral, writing, reading, vocabulary, and grammar. We read short novelas, such as The Little Prince, and watch educational videos as a backdrop to explore cultures around the world in Spanish. The next section we will focus on exploring statues and their cultural and historical significance around the world.
- This class is for ISP alumni who are enrolled in 6th-8th grades in the 2022-23 school year. Non-graduate alumni who were enrolled for at least one full academic year and can demonstrate at least a 5th grade level fluency may be eligible if there is registration space; please contact Rebecca Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Classes are at Learners’ Hall on the ISP campus.
- Students agree to not using additional smartphones and other devices during class time unless explicitly allowed by the instructor. Failure to adhere to the expectations may result in dismissal from the class without full tuition reimbursement.
- Continuing Language Experience classes do not teach directly to language fluency tests or competitions. This class is not transferable for any middle or high school class credits.
- There are NO refunds for cancellations after date of payment due. Late enrollments are only permitted within the first week of the start of the session. Please contact Rebecca Roberts for more information at email@example.com.