Language Immersion Summer Camp
Each summer, The International School offers three 2-week sessions of camp (2018 dates coming soon!). At camp, children will enjoy a world of fun while learning Chinese, Spanish or Japanese. International language and culture will come to life through hands-on projects, stories, songs, games and outdoor fun with our natively-fluent staff.
Whether learning a new language or already fluent, campers will love our summer traditions of field days, field trips, performances, ice cream parties, and more!
- Small groups with teachers from around the world
- Fun outdoor and indoor activities aimed at building language skills (songs, folktales, crafts, games, sports, and more)
- Cultural performances
- Ice-cream social
- Special classes with trained specialists- yoga, sports & games, music & movement
- Exciting field days (water balloon toss, relay races, and more)
- Fun, cultural music and movement classes for all campers! We will offer different opportunities each session - such as Taiko, Capoeira, or African drumming!
- Field trips for Orange, Purple, Blue and Green camps! Specific information about each field trip will be released one week prior to the start of each camp session.
We’re so proud of our summer camp staff! All of our teachers and staff members are dedicated to providing a fun, safe, and welcoming camp environment for your child.
Our camp teachers come from all over the world and have native-level fluency of the languages they teach. Most are also teachers at The International School during the school year or have taught with our camp programs in the past. They have a wealth of experience working with young language learners.
Our summer administrative team is here to answer questions and facilitate a smooth camp experience. Let us know how we can help!
We are all trained in CPR and first aid. The International School also has a dedicated Health and Safety Coordinator on campus during camp hours to help ensure the health and safety of our campers.
Camp Groups & 2017 Pricing:
Each session the separate camp groups (colors) follow the same themes, with activities tailored specifically to campers’ age and fluency level (see above chart for details). Summer 2018 themes will be announced in early 2018.