The Camp Day
"Our child very much enjoyed the songs, art, and group activities. She also delighted in the warmth of her teacher, whom she found kind and loving. " - Parent of a child in Spanish camp
Full day: 8:30am to 3:45pm, Monday through Friday.
Half day: 8:30am to 12:00pm - available for Yellow, Orange and Purple camps (campers ages 3 through 1st grade).
Before & After Camp
Early drop-off is available beginning every day at 7:45am and is included in the cost of camp. Please note: early drop-off is NOT available on the first day of each camp session.
If you need care after the camp day ends, please contact SquareGator, an independent after-care provider operating on our campus. To register your child in after-care, visit www.squaregator.com
Parents will be charged if their child is not picked up by 4:15pm (unless enrolled in SquareGator).
Pick-up & Drop-off
Safety is our number one priority. Please make sure to list all authorized pick up people on your child’s registration form. Everyone picking up a child should expect to show picture ID. If anyone other than those listed on your authorization form will pick up your child, please inform the camp office in advance.
Children may be dropped off between 7:45am - 8:30am in the designated waiting room. Parents will be notified one week before camp starts on the locations of waiting rooms. After 8:30am, children may be brought directly to their camp room. Children arriving after 8:45am should check in with the office. Please let us know if your child will be late or absent.
At 3:45pm you may pick up your child from his or her camp room. From 4:00pm-4:15pm, pick up is from the designated waiting areas.
Lunch & Snacks
Children should bring their own non-perishable lunch. Microwaves are available in each classroom for heating lunches if needed (max 30 seconds for heating, not cooking).
The International School provides two light snacks daily. You are welcome to provide your own snack, please just communicate to us on the registration form that you will do so.
For the safety of all of our campers and staff, The International School summer program has a strict “No Nut” policy. Please do not bring nuts or products containing nuts to campus.
What to wear, bring (and not to bring) to camp
- Comfortable clothes that can get dirty or messy as campers enjoy our hands-on activities
- Comfortable shoes suitable for moving around - we recommend sneakers, Crocs, Keens, or any supportive shoe with a backstrap. No flip flops, please - these can fall off and cause injuries.
- Layers! Sweatshirts or jackets for cool mornings that can be taken off as the weather warms up.
- Sunblock - there will be opportunities throughout the day to re-apply.
- There will be special days during camp (like field days,) when campers are asked to bring a bathing suit, towel, and shoes that can get wet. Parents will be notified at least 3 days in advance of these days.
- A packed, non-perishable lunch
- Sunscreen labeled with your child’s name (please apply before camp, we will re-apply in the afternoon)
- A water bottle labeled with your child’s name
- A change of clothes (Yellow Campers only)
- A blanket, pillow, or stuffed animal for nap (Full day Yellow campers and campers in Orange or Purple who still nap)
- On special camp days (field days, water fun days,) we ask campers to bring a bathing suit, towel, and shoes that can get wet. Parents will receive more information about these days before their camp session begins.
Please Leave At Home:
- Electronics, including cell phones
- Anything dangerous or disruptive to the camp environment
Behavior and Safety
The International School strives to provide a fun and safe environment for all our campers. We expect all campers and their parents/guardians to behave in a manner that is safe, appropriate, and friendly. If a camper behaves in a way that the staff believes to be unsafe, inappropriate or unfriendly, we will address the situation by speaking with the child and, if needed, the parents. The International School reserves the right to expel or temporarily exclude a camper for repeated or extreme misbehavior. In the event of expulsion or exclusion, no refund will be issued.
Every camper will get a free t-shirt. We will do our best to accommodate late enrollments.