Dear TIS Community,
We would like to thank all the parents who took the time to fill it out the annual Parent Survey this past Spring; we know that it is detailed and lengthy! Your survey responses help us to assess how we are doing, and contribute to our goals and priority-setting for the upcoming year. Particularly interesting were the hundreds of definitions about what it means to be a global citizen. We all have dreams that our kids will contribute to a better world!
We are pleased to say that in general parents are overwhelmingly happy about TIS! Across the board, the percentage of “satisfied” and “highly satisified” parents is in the 90th percentile! You agree that your children are receiving an excellent, unique education here, from top-notch teachers. Click here for some additional information about the results.
Of course, there is always room for improvement. Common topics from the survey feedback include a desire for:
- Improved communications about academic initiatives and priorities
- Increased accessibility and/or follow-up from administrators
- More information about new programs like PBIS and Student Support Services.
- Improved sense of “community” at the school, across tracks, and between EC and the Main Campus.
- Continuity of program/faculty communication across grades & tracks, particularly in English.
- Improved or increased communication from specialists
- Less dramatic tuition increases, if any!
Pick up and Drop off remains our area with the least satisfaction, with levels in the 80th percentile. We are always striving to improve this process in the light of our geographic constraints. You will see some changes to the procedures for this year, which will hopefully speed things up a bit. Our ultimate goal: incorporating traffic flow into our Campus Master Plan.
We are excited to welcome a K-5 Principal and a Librarian back on board, which will provide more balanced staffing and community support. Robert will discuss our programmatic goals set out by our Education Leadership Team in more detail in an upcoming letter. Our committees, administrators, faculty, and Parent Network are also incorporating this feedback into their planning and activities.
If you have additional questions about the survey, please contact Kat Simons at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that survey feedback about an individual teacher or staff member is confidential and will not be disclosed.