The Northwest International Student Exchange (NISE), a sister program to Education Travel & Culture (ETC) run by TIS parent Alix Nathan, has a last-minute need for host families for its Japanese program.
- Program Dates: July 31 – August 8
- Attend a Host Family Orientation Thursday, July 28th at 7 PM at First United Methodist Church (1838 SW Jefferson Street Portland, OR 97201) <--- contact Lisa if you are interested but cannot make this.
- Host families are responsible for picking up their student at the airport Sunday, July 31 at 9:30 AM
- Students have classes Monday-Friday from 8:30 – 5:30 PM
- Students will be given a Trimet Pass and encouraged to use the public transportation system to get to class and back to their host family home
- Students must be single placed in homes with children
- Students are allowed to share a bedroom with a host sibling of the same gender and similar age
- Host families are responsible for 3 meals/day
- On Monday, August 8th, host families must drop-off their student at OMSI 7:00 AM
- A $100 stipend will be provided for hosting
The program calendar details what the students will be doing August 1 – 5th. A If a family is interested, please have them contact Lisa at 971-634-1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!