Run For the Arts 2014 raised a record-breaking grand total of $24,253.70! That's just over $50 per student! Our Music and Art teachers wish to extend their most heartfelt appreciation for all your (and your TIS student's) help.
With your tremendous support, here are a few things that TIS's specialist teachers were able to purchase:
- field trips to the Portland Art Museum and Independent Publishing Resource Center
- textural/sculptural materials for the "Ugly doll" project and the Bonzai tree project
- glazes and clay
- renewable supplies for drawing and painting
- guest instructors
- replacement hand drums and maintenance for other instruments
- professional development opportunities: ORFF Schulwerk National Conference (Chinese Dance, Balanese cultural movement!) and the National Arts Education Assocation conference (reading portraiture, communication through African art, enhancing creativity through journaling).
Your RFA donation is tax deductible - please email your name and the check number (if it was written to Young Audiences or Run For the Arts), and note that it was for The International School's RFA event on September 23-24, 2014 to email@example.com.
Would your student like to design next year's RFA t-shirt? Grab an entry form at a TIS reception desk, or click here to print. Entries are due May 29, 2015.
Laura Hippensteel, Special Events and Annual Giving Manager, Laurah@intlschool.org