The TIS Parent Network Mission
is to strengthen, enhance and encourage
the educational and community environment
at The International School.
If you'd like more information on the TIS Parent Network or are curious about how to get more involved, contact Parent Network President, Kirsten Lee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL TIS Parents - please join us in the TIS gym for
Parent Network Night on Wednesday, May 16, 6:30-8:15 pm
Reserve childcare by May 14 at intlschool.org/childcare
* Officer elections for 2012-2013. Nominees: President - Kirsten Lee; Secretary - Enoch Huang; Community Liaison - Courtney Davies; Volunteer Coordinator - Kathy Guilfoyle
* Tri-Met Light Rail Project Update by Dee Ann Sandberg. Learn about all the construction around us and what the exciting final products will be including the positive outcomes for TIS.
* Special Presentation by Dr Jeff Sosne, The Children's Program
- Building a Positive Work Ethic in Our Children
- Homework, Practice, Chores & Other Responsibilities
Research suggests that a positive attitude and effort are as important to success as innate ability. A positive work ethic becomes more important as young children become less reliant upon their parents and expected to do more for themselves. The willingness to work is a particularly critical ingredient in the transition from elementary school to middle school, where self-management and personal responsibility are essential. Dr. Sosne will discuss how to build upon a child's internal motivations. He will provide practical advice for fostering positive efforts, reinforcing "can do" attitudes and establishing pride in accomplishment.
I hope you can join us!
Kirsten Lee, Parent Network President, email@example.com