After two date changes--due to Rosh Hashanah and unexpected weather issues--Run for the Arts (RFA) took place last Monday. The weather was perfect--no rain, not too hot--and the kids had a blast! Now is the time we really need parents to help. Pledges need to be collected and turned in by Monday, October 20th. The day of the Run the teachers left notes with the number of laps completed by each child and instructions for returning pledges in parent folders.
- All checks must be made payable to Run for the Arts or Young Audiences
- Be sure to sign the pledge sheets
- Circle your child's shirt size in case they qualify for a free shirt
- Runners who do not qualify for shirts and want to order one--or for any additional shirts--please use the form that was attached to the pledge sheets and enclose and additional $7.50/shirt
- Completed forms with attached pledges (or place everything in one large envelope) can be returned to your classroom teacher or any of the front desks (Main bldg, Stearns', or Corbett)
A big thank you to everyone who came out to assist with the Run and to cheer on the kids.
An extra special thank you to the volunteers who helped all day--Maria Barahona, Bob Cargill, Kara Gajowskyj, Paula Prince, Kathy Guilfoyle, Patti Ng, Jodi Swigart, Arkady Mak, Anne Chang, Leslie Hall, Coach Robert, and all of the Art, English, and Music teachers.
All money earned goes towards art and music supplies, school assemblies, and English Department field trips.
Tricia Tallman, Carol Olson, Lara Fowdy, and Joan Francis