Global Kids Summer Program
Global Kids Extended-day Summer Program Overview
During Global Kids Summer Program, children will enjoy a variety of activities including enrichment, hands-on projects, outdoor exploration, and more! Instruction during Global Kids is primarily in English.
2019 Summer Program Dates
- Summer Fun Week 1*: June 17- June 21
- Extended-day After TIS Summer Camp Session 1: June 24 – July 5 (no camp July 4)
- Extended-day After TIS Summer Camp Session 2: July 8 – July 19
- Extended-day After TIS Summer Camp Session 3: July 22 – August 2
- Summer Fun Week 2*: August 5- August 9
*Global Kids Summer Fun Weeks 1 & 2 are only open to currently enrolled TIS students entering grades PreK-5th in Fall 2019 (students must be at least 3 years old at time of attendance). TIS Summer Camp (including extended-day programming) is open to all.
Summer Fun Week Hours
- Drop-off: 7:45am-8:15am, free! No advance sign-up needed
- Day Block: 8:15am-3:30pm
- Block 1: 3:30-4:45pm
- Block 2: 4:45-5:30pm
Extended-day After TIS Summer Camp Hours:
- Global Kids Extended-day Program*: 3:30-6:00pm
*Global Kids is open every day after camp. Sign-up required.
Global Kids Extended-day Program
- Small groups with experienced group leaders and assistants
- Fun outdoor and indoor activities aimed at building community, working as a team, developing social emotional skills, and experiential learning.
- Fun enrichment classes with trained specialists such as yoga, science, Lego adventures, active games, coding, sensory activity play, beading, gymnastics, and more!
- Exciting field days (water balloon toss, relay races, and more).
Global Kids Staff
We’re so proud of our Global Kids staff! All of our Group Leaders and staff members are dedicated to providing a fun, safe, and welcoming environment for your child.
Our staff are the same school-year TIS and Global Kids staff that your children have developed caring relationships with during the school year. All staff are registered with the Oregon Office of Childcare and complete at least 15 hours of training per year.
Our Global Kids administrative team is here to answer questions and facilitate a smooth program experience. Let us know how we can help!
We are all trained in CPR and first aid. The International School also has a dedicated Health and Safety Coordinator on campus until 4:00pm to help ensure the health and safety of our children.
Behavior and Safety
The International School strives to provide a fun and safe environment for all of our participants. We expect all children and their parents/guardians to behave in a manner that is safe, appropriate, and friendly. If a child behaves in a way that the staff believes to be unsafe, inappropriate, or unfriendly, we will address the situation by speaking with the child and, if needed, the parents. The International School reserves the right to expel or temporarily exclude a camper for repeated or extreme misbehavior. In the event of expulsion or exclusion, no refund will be issued.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.