The Owl: Back to School 2021!
Back-to- School Checklist
We are just a few days away from the big day! Below is a list of back-to-school “To Dos” to make sure you’ve got everything covered.
To Do (all families):
1. Complete all forms in MySchool App. MySchool App is the International School of Portland’s school information system. Despite its name, it is web-based, not an app (though you can use it through your phone’s browser)!
2. Sign up for “Meet the teacher” on Monday! Bring your child to meet their homeroom teacher and see your classroom before the big day!
Please limit your family attendees to the smallest number possible. Masks are required.
Sign up here: https://www.ptcfast.com/
3. Download SchoolPass to your phone. SchoolPass is the app that you will use for arrival, dismissal, and daily wellness checks. You should have gotten an invitation email for download; please contact us if you did not. For download and login instructions, refer to this video here.
RETURNING PARENTS: Please make sure that you have the brand new version of the app! This is version 2.02…
4. Purchase school supplies. See lists below:
PLEASE put your child’s name on these and anything that is worn to school, all year long!
5. Sign up for a volunteer opportunities here. The ISP Parent Network offers wonderful, diverse ways to help the school. For more information, go to intlschool.org/volunteer.
6. Submit a background check form and proof of vaccination for volunteering. All classroom, campus volunteers & field trip chaperones must submit a new background check every 2 years. See. Fill out a background check here, take a clear photo of your vaccination card, and deliver them to a front desk or upload them to our secure site here.
7. Immunizations. New students: complete and submit the Oregon immunization form found in MySchool App. Returning students: send an updated one if there have been changes. Any child with incomplete immunizations must be excluded from school by law. For information about exemptions, visit public.health.oregon.gov/
COVID Safety Town Hall Slides
Thanks to all of you who attended the COVID Safety Town Hall on Wednesday evening. We hope that you found it informative! We greatly appreciated the input that our guest physician parents were able to provide. In case you missed it, here are the slides from the evening.
Classroom Maps & Meet the Teacher Safety Reminders
Are you ready for Meet the Teachers on Monday? Want to know where you are going? Please see the map of classroom locations! This map is also available in the Resources section of MySchoolApp.
As a reminder:
All attendees age 2+ must be masked
Please limit your family attendees to the smallest number possible.
If you are not feeling well, or have symptoms that include headache, sore throat, or congestion, please do not come to campus.
Global Kids Extended-Day Programming Update
We would like to provide you with an update and some reminders about Global Kids Extended-Day programming.
1. No School/Alternate Day-only registration is still available. You can sign up for all the days or just one. Enroll here
2. Like many organizations nationwide, we are experiencing hiring challenges and staffing shortages. Because of this, we are currently at capacity for regular school day programming. Some grades have waitlists. We are working very hard to hire more staff so that we can accommodate all children on the waitlist as soon as possible. We will provide an update to waitlist families soon.
Arrival and Dismissal: SchoolPass Helpful How-To Videos
A full overview of our arrival and dismissal process will be coming to you shortly ( it will be very similar to last year, with a few tweaks).
In the meantime, we wanted to share some helpful How-To Videos about SchoolPass, the phone app that we use for this process. They will walk you through Wellness Checks, Adding and Removing Authorized Pickups/Drivers, and Carpool Set up.
All of these videos can also be found in the Resources section in MySchool App for future reference.
- Completing Daily Wellness Checks – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Using Drop Off & Pick Up Buttons –https://player.vimeo.com/
- Adding & Removing Drivers – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Making Carpool Changes – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Making Early Pickup Changes – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Making Late Arrival Changes – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Making Absence Changes – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Updating Your Profile – https://player.vimeo.com/
- Enabling Push Notifications – https://player.vimeo.com/