Please welcome our new After School Coordinator!
TIS is pleased to announce that Kate Cooper has joined the TIS team as our NEW Global Kids Extended-Day Program Manager! Kate will be in charge of overseeing our new after school care and activities program for the coming school year. Kate will be at the Parent Network Steering Committee meeting this Thursday, June 7. Stop by the Arthur Admin Building at 8:30 and say hi!
- BA Community Studies, University of California Santa Cruz
• Field Study in Nicaragua
- SUN Community School Site Manager for two years
- Project Specialist for California Healthy Kids and After School Resource Center
• Coordinated state-wide projects for the California Department of Education and California Department of Public Health
- After-school Program Site Director since 2005 in independent and public Title I schools serving kindergarten through 8th grade students and their families.
- Two years as a Nutrition Education Instructor teaching cooking to preschool, elementary, middle school students, and parents.
- Lived in upstate New York; Vancouver, Canada; and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Traveled in Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico, Cuba, Guatemala, and El Salvador
- Speaks Spanish
I am so excited to join a multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community that reflects the diversity within my own family! When I’m not at school I love hiking with my family, cooking nutritious meals, and breaking bread together.