Back-to-School Checklist: 2017-2018
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL STEPS BY AUGUST 21 (or as soon as possible after you enroll). (Click here for a pdf version of this list.)
To Do (all families)
- Go to intlschool.org/portal. Click on “Verification” Tab, then click “Next” to go through EVERY page and update:
- Photo permission, medical permissions, insurance and doctors
- All contact info and do-not-publish boxes (DNP) for the school directory
- Emergency contacts & authorized pick-ups. Please add at least one emergency contact who is located on the West Side during the day
- Press the “Click to confirm….” button to verify your information.
- Have you been receiving ITK on Mondays by e-mail? If not, double-check #1 above. Check your spam. Designate intlschool.org in your safe-senders list.
- Purchase school supplies. See lists at intlschool.org/lunch-supplies.
- Sign up for a volunteer account on Volgistics (if you have not already done so). The TIS Parent Network offers wonderful, diverse ways to help the school. Our new volunteer system makes it easy to sign up and to track your hours. For more information, go to intlschool.org/volunteer
- Immunizations. New students: submit a completed immunization form (intlschool.org/immunize). Returning students: we will contact you if we need an update. Any child with incomplete immunizations must be excluded from school by law. To claim religious exemption, you must update your signature on the state form every year.
- Child-is-sick plan. Please have a caregiver plan for when your child gets sick. See intlschool.org/parent-handbook “Health and Medication” section for details on “What is too sick for school?”
- Prepare an Emergency “Comfort Kit.” For more information and item samples, visit intlschool.org/comfortkits
- Want to volunteer / chaperone field trips? All volunteers & chaperones must submit a new background check every 2 years. See intlschool.org/background and bring your completed form to a receptionist if we don’t have yours.)
- Grades K-5 only: want to DRIVE for field trips? We need copies of your background check, driver’s license & insurance. Take a clear photo (ok to use your phone!) and email it to email@example.com now or at least 3 weeks before the trip. See intlschool.org/field-trips for details. (PK & LK: watch for field trip news later in August.)
- TIS T-shirt too small? See tables at school August 29 – 31 to get a free new one (if needed). See TIS store for more spirit-wear (optional) at intlschool.org/spirit.
- Need on-site after school care? Visit www.squaregator.com.
- Sign up for lunches (optional) at intlschool.org/lunch-supplies.
- After-school classes are available for enrollment at intlschool.org/after-school.
- Printable 2017-18 calendar: intlschool.org/calendar-print. (Always check intlschool.org/calendar for updates). Want a list of no school days?
- See building maps and classroom locations by logging into the Parent Portal and clicking “Files” – coming August 2017
- Click here for a printable TIS Resource list.
- If you have a child with a significant health condition or allergy, please create a Health Care Action Plan by filling out this form and bringing it to the receptionist at Stearns Hall.