2017 Parent Survey Results Overview
Dear TIS Community,
We would like to thank all the parents who took the time to fill it out the annual Parent Survey this past Spring; we know that it is detailed and lengthy! Your survey responses help us to assess how we are doing, and contribute to our goals and priority-setting for the upcoming year.
We are pleased to say that in general parents are overwhelmingly happy about TIS! Across the board, the percentage of “satisfied” and “highly satisified” parents is in the 90th percentile! You agree that your children are receiving an excellent, unique education here, from top-notch teachers.
Other notable changes since last year:
- We had the highest number of respondents in years. Over 100 more than last year! Thank you so much!
- Comments indicated an increased feeling of “community,” with help from the Parent Network presence and more volunteerism on campus.
- Increased happiness with pick up and drop off procedures – over 90% satisfied! This seemed impossible a few years ago!
- Increased satisfaction with administrative response and follow-up.
Of course, there is always room for improvement. Common topics from the survey feedback include a desire for:
- More information about newer programs like PBIS and Student Support Services.
- Continuity of program/faculty communication across grades & tracks, particularly in regards to individual child progress and teaching differentiation
- Increased communication from English, Library, Art, Music, & PE (LAMP) specialists. Many people were “unsure” about the grading, and significant portions were unaware of the LAMP specialist blog.
If you have additional questions about the survey, please contact Kat Simons at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note that survey feedback about an individual teacher or staff member is confidential and will not be disclosed.